Why Your Organization Needs to Take Advantage of Electronic Document Management
Although we’re immersed in digital technology on a daily basis, the majority of small businesses are still relying on paper-based processes. The challenge is that today’s businesses are tasked with producing more with fewer people, and a paper-intensive workplace impedes productivity by requiring employees to keep up with all of the paperwork.
Fortunately, organizations that take advantage of document management software and business process automation are able to more effectively handle high-volume workloads, leading to a more efficient and productive work environment.
Here are several ways that your business can benefit from implementing document management software and business process automation:
- Makes documents more accessible. By digitalizing documents, authorized employees can securely access documents from any location at any time. Electronically scanning documents to become digital files also minimizes the risk of misfiling or losing data.
- Helps to manage due dates. Users can assign due dates to digital documents, which helps to ensure that deadlines are met, approvals are made, and certifications are completed.
- Eliminates redundancy. Paper-based processes often involve redundant, time-intensive steps that could be eliminated by moving to digital workflows.
- Routes documents to correct parties. Users can establish an approval path for documents to electronically be routed to specified parties, and notifications can be set to remind these parties when tasks need to be completed.
- Keeps workflows on track by sending alerts. When you’re dealing with paper workflows, there is not a system in place that automatically alerts users when a deadline is approaching. However, with digital workflows, alerts are automatically sent for upcoming due dates, approvals, non-approvals, and more, helping to keep workflows on track.
- Offers full transparency. Users can see the status of a workflow at any given time by managing the process online. This helps to keep your team accountable to completing their responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Reduces human error. With the help of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, data is pulled from documents as they are scanned into the system, eliminating the need for manual data entry and reducing human error.
- Lowers costs and increases productivity. Electronic document management and business process automation help to minimize errors that cost your business money and lead to a more productive work environment.
Contact us to learn how you can help your organization reach its fullest potential with electronic document management and business process automation.